We are hiring for two (2) part-time positions. One located in the Hancock office within the Western Upper Peninsula Health Department and the other located in our Ontonagon office. Details are below:
Responsibilities of the outpatient counselor include but are not limited to:
- Completion and submission of all required documentation by the Department of Human Services, NorthCare, and any other entity that provides funding or referrals for services.
- Data entry into the computer systems which include all demographic and financial information necessary for outcomes management and billing purposes.
- Responsible for the intake paperwork, assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning of the person served. To include documenting progress, or lack of progress, on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the coordination of care necessary to bring stabilization to the person served which may include referrals to other agencies in the county where the client will be served.
- Providing individual therapy sessions for the person served, utilizing intervention strategies best suited for the client including, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and motivational interviewing.
- Maintaining the client case file to include all documentation in accordance with organization requirements in an organized and professional manner.
- Maintain an outpatient counseling caseload.
- Actively engage in the staff development plan, striving to achieve objectives and goals, to become better at providing addiction services.
- Any other duty that promotes wellness of the person served, strengthens the organization’s mission, or promotes goodwill in the community.
Baccalaureate degree in social work, psychology, or human service related field. Engagement in obtaining the certified addiction counselor status through a development plan or be a certified addiction counselor through the state of Michigan. Experience or education within the substance abuse field is preferred. Ongoing education in all seminars and workshops related to substance abuse and outpatient treatment.
Since this is a part-time position, there are no benefits available. Wage will depend on experience. Please submit all resumes and cover letters to the Human Resources manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to Human Resources, P.O. Box 468, Calumet, MI 49913. Please specify which location you are applying for. Thank you!